Call For A Consultation 866-665-1696

Santa Ana Green Card and Visa Lawyer

Home     |    Santa Ana Green Card and Visa Lawyer

Santa Ana Green Card and Visa Lawyer

A green card offers a non-citizen permanent legal residency in the country, enabling them to live and work in the U.S. permanently. For some individuals, this is the next step to obtaining citizenship and naturalization. A visa is a temporary document provided for individuals who wish to work or study, and this includes nonimmigrant and immigrant visas. A Santa Ana green card & visa lawyer can help individuals determine what documentation fits their needs.

To get a green card, a non-citizen typically needs a family member or employer-backed sponsorship. Conversely, a visa may not require a sponsorship, but it does require a specific purpose. It also only applies for a limited period of time before the individual must leave the country.

It can be difficult to determine what documentation is right for your immigration goals. A qualified attorney is useful in determining this and helping you through the application process.

U.S. Law Center: Your Green Card and Visa Attorneys

U.S. Law Center has worked for years in immigration law, and our team has a deep understanding of the requirements needed to apply for a green card or visa. Whether you are in the Santa Ana area or are hoping to move to the U.S., we can help you navigate your immigration needs.

Immigration law is complex and frequently changing. It’s important to have dedicated professionals by your side during this process. Our team can help you gather information, file your application, and meet important legal deadlines. We want to give your application for a green card or visa its greatest chance of success.

Common Disputes Surrounding Green Card and Visa Applications

There are several potential challenges that can arise during the filing and application process of gaining a visa or green card. These challenges depend on your unique situation and the type of documentation that you are trying to obtain. Challenges could include:

  • Application Denials: Many applications for visas and green cards may result in denials. The agencies in charge of approving and denying them may suspect fraud or determine that you do not have the necessary qualifications to be eligible. Certain types of visas have a cap on how many can be issued per year. An attorney can help you avoid these issues in your application or determine how to handle a denial if you receive one.
  • Processing Delays: Delays can occur to anyone applying for a green card or visa, and they can be incredibly frustrating. Delays typically occur because of back-ups in applications or a low number of resources in an agency. An immigration attorney may have a better understanding of which governmental agency locations have quicker turnarounds than others.
  • Revocations: There are situations where a green card or visa that has already been issued to you is revoked. This may occur if visa terms were violated, a crime was committed, or some other action led to a revocation.

An attorney can also assist you with deportation proceedings, discrimination on your application, and false accusations of fraud or criminal activity.

Why Do I Need an Attorney to File a Green Card or Visa Application?

There is no legal requirement to have an attorney support you while applying for a green card or visa. However, it can be exceptionally beneficial to have an attorney guiding you. An attorney can help you:

  • Understand the current legal guidelines that apply to your unique circumstances.
  • Determine what visa or green card you are eligible for before you apply.
  • Determine which options meet your long-term goals.
  • Gather information, such as proof of your identity and other supporting documentation.
  • Expect common issues and challenges that may occur during the process.
  • File your application and meet the necessary deadlines.
  • Represent your interests in immigration interviews, hearings, and other meetings, depending on your situation.
  • Appeal a decision if your application is denied, or take other important steps to apply for other documentation.

An attorney can review your situation and help you make informed decisions about legal issues that can severely impact your future.


Can a Lawyer Speed Up the Green Card Process?

Although a lawyer cannot guarantee a faster process and has no control over the speed of other agencies, an attorney can do a lot to benefit the green card process. An attorney can help you gather information and file your application.

Because an attorney knows what information the application must cover and how it must be presented, the application is more likely to be successful. Without an attorney, individuals may make mistakes on applications that slow down the process and require them to repeat it. Working with an attorney can limit this likelihood.

Do I Need a Lawyer for a Green Card Interview?

Although you are not required to have an attorney present for a green card interview, it can be incredibly beneficial and is recommended. Legal representation during the interview more effectively protects your rights. Some interviewers may attempt underhanded tactics, and an attorney knows how to handle these situations. Interviewers are also less likely to attempt these actions when an attorney is present.

Additionally, working with an attorney prior to your interview may make you more prepared. Immigration attorneys often handle many of these cases, and they can help you understand what to expect.

Can a Law Firm Sponsor a Green Card?

A law firm can only sponsor a green card for an attorney or other employee they plan to hire. A law firm cannot sponsor a green card for all individuals, but an individual can get a sponsorship for a green card if they obtain an internship or job with a law firm.

Green card sponsorships are primarily work-based and family-based sponsorships. Either an individual must be employed by a company in the U.S. that will sponsor them, or the individual has a close family member who is a legal permanent resident or a U.S. citizen who can sponsor them.

Does USCIS Send a Green Card to Your Attorney?

If requested, the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) can send a green card and other documentation to a representative. To request this, you must file the form Notice of Entry or Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative. Without this form, the USCIS will send the documentation to the address you wrote on the application. You can update this address with the USCIS or USPS if it changes after submitting your application.

Let Us Help

Contact U.S. Law Center today to learn how we can aid you with your visa or green card application.

Making Immigration Law Work For You

The U.S. Law Center is a nationwide, full-service immigration law firm providing large corporations, small businesses and individuals with a full range of immigration processing and placement services.
Free Consultation