Call For A Consultation 866-665-1696

Hawthorne Immigration Lawyer

Home     |    Hawthorne Immigration Lawyer

Hawthorne Immigration Lawyer

Immigration law is a complex and thorough area of United States law that focuses on a foreign citizen’s ability to live within the country. It outlines different guidelines and regulations that foreign citizens are required to follow in order to move here legally. Immigration attorneys hold unique knowledge and insight on legal issues that occur within the immigration process and have the ability to provide unmatchable assistance. If you have encountered issues while trying to move to the U.S. or need assistance with basic immigration issues in Hawthorne, don’t hesitate to ask how U.S. Law Center can help.

Immigration Assistance for You and Your Family’s Needs

At U.S. Law Center, we welcome clients of all nationalities who are searching for legal immigration aid. Our lead attorney has immense experience, is fluent in multiple languages, and is committed to the unique goals of every one of our clients. While immigration can be challenging, that doesn’t mean that it is unattainable. With the proficient assistance of our legal team, you can trust that your case is going to be handled correctly. For inquiries about moving to the U.S. or applying for visas, green cards, and other forms of residency, see how our Hawthorne team may be of assistance.

What Are the Different Kinds of Residency for Foreign Citizens in the United States?

To apply to be a legal resident of the United States, you’ll first need to determine which type of residency you are eligible for or the kind that you would like to achieve. The following are the four main types of residency a foreign citizen can apply for in the U.S.:

  1. Temporary Residency Through Visa
    When foreign citizens would like to pursue education or work in the U.S., they can request temporary residency by applying for a visa. Student and work visas are incredibly common immigration forms that allow foreign citizens to reside and work in the U.S. for an extended period of time. However, visas do have to be renewed and do not allow an individual to stay in the country for as long as they’d like. Typically, visas can be extended in the span of six months.
  2. Permanent Residency / Conditional Residency Through Green Card
    Green cards differ from visas in that they grant permanent residency to the foreign citizens that hold them, allowing the individual to live and work in the U.S. There are various forms of green cards that can be acquired in different ways. For example, a foreign citizen may receive a green card when they marry a U.S. citizen. Green cards provide legal, permanent residency and must be renewed every ten years, despite them not technically “expiring.” If you receive a green card that only grants you two years of residency, you are considered a conditional resident. This means that after your two years expires, you’ll have to apply for a new green card that grants you full permanent residency.
  3. Indefinite Residency Through Refugee Status
    The opportunity to seek asylum is seen as a basic human right by the United States. This means that if you are currently being persecuted or have significant reason to believe that you will be persecuted, you may apply for asylum in the U.S. Receiving refugee status gives an individual the opportunity to remain in the country indefinitely and eventually apply for a green card.
  4. Permanent Residency by Becoming a Citizen
    For those who are looking to remain in the United States indefinitely and embrace their new life here, one of your top options is becoming an American citizen. This can be done through a process known as “naturalization.” By becoming a U.S. citizen, you not only receive permanent residency, but you are also granted other benefits, such as the right to vote.

How Can U.S. Law Center Assist You With Immigration?

Hiring a passionate lawyer during any immigration case can be beneficial in a multitude of ways. At U.S. Law Center, we can guide you through the following areas of immigration law:

  • Applying for Green Cards and Visas: Applying for residency in the U.S. can be confusing for foreign citizens due to the number of options and intense regulations that are in place. Our team can help you achieve your immigration goals by helping you find, fill out, and file the right documents.
  • Adjustment of Status: Certain foreign citizens who are already present in the country can apply to adjust their status without having to return home. If you’re here on a student visa, have been living in the U.S. for an extended period of time, or meet the other eligibility requirements for status adjustment, talk to our team for assistance.
  • Applying for Asylum: If you believe that you or your family are endangered because of present or potential persecution in your home country, you may be eligible to apply for asylum in the U.S. To learn more about asylum laws and becoming a refugee in the U.S., our staff can discuss your options with you.
  • Deferred Entry for Dreamers: More commonly known as DACA, the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program was initiated to give people who were brought to the U.S. illegally as children the same chance at certain opportunities. It is meant to push these individuals to apply for citizenship by giving them work authorizations and renewable immunity against deportation.
  • Deportation and Removal: The potential of deportation is frightening. Whether you were served a notice of deportation or you are worried about a family member’s removal, it’s important to seek legal representation as soon as you believe deportation is a threat.
  • Family Separation: In some situations, families that are trying to immigrate can become separated at the border. This can occur for multiple reasons, including if one member doesn’t have the right documentation or if they are applying for asylum. Regardless of why your family was separated, U.S. Law Center is prepared to offer dedicated assistance to help you reunite.
  • Criminal Immigration Defense: Our firm also offers defense representation for foreign citizens who have been charged with crimes in the Hawthorne area. As an immigrant, you face the threat of deportation if you commit specific violent crimes and felony offenses. Our team understands the weight of your case and is committed to finding solutions that represent your rights.
  • Illegal Entry After Deportation Accusations: Any individual that is deported from the U.S. does not have the right to reenter the country unless they receive clear legal instructions that they can. If someone is found trying to reenter the country or is in the country already, they can face consequences like jail time and then deportation again.


Q: How Do You Get Your Green Card in California?

A: Not every foreign citizen is eligible for permanent residency in the U.S., but there are multiple ways that you can receive a green card. Eligibility can come through marriage, employment, refugee status, and more. Once you have determined which kind of green card you are eligible for, you can then apply through your state to receive permanent residency in the United States.

Q: When Should You Hire an Immigration Attorney?

A: Every immigration case is different depending on the area of law that is involved and the intensity of the circumstances. In most scenarios, it’s smart to hire an immigration attorney before problems arise with your case. This way, you will have assistance making sure everything goes as smoothly as possible. If you believe that problems will arise or you are already involved in a troublesome case, it’s important to hire legal help quickly.

Q: Can an Immigration Lawyer Help You Adjust Your Status?

A: Yes. The adjustment of status is just one area that our team at U.S. Law Center is able to assist our clients with. Immigration lawyers have comprehensive knowledge surrounding both immigration law and general state and federal laws. This gives us the power to guide our clients through a variety of immigration scenarios and help them finally achieve their long-term goals.

Q: What Does It Mean to Sponsor an Immigrant in California?

A: When a foreign citizen applies for a green card in the United States, they generally require what is known as a sponsor. A sponsor is someone that helps foreign citizens on their journey of immigration by accepting financial responsibility for them after they arrive. This just means a sponsor may have to assist their friend or family member with their basic needs as they transition to their life.

U.S. Law Center: Hawthorne’s Immigration Team

Here at U.S. Law Center, our firm is founded on compassion and skill. Our legal team has worked for years to help numerous individuals achieve legal residency in California. We know that immigration cases can be intimidating, especially when you’re attempting to handle everything on your own. By working with our firm, you can feel confident knowing your case is in the right hands. To discuss your current immigration needs or schedule a consultation with one of our experienced team members, contact U.S. Law Center. 

Making Immigration Law Work For You

The U.S. Law Center is a nationwide, full-service immigration law firm providing large corporations, small businesses and individuals with a full range of immigration processing and placement services.
Free Consultation