Call For A Consultation 866-665-1696

Manhattan Beach Immigration Lawyer

Home     |    Manhattan Beach Immigration Lawyer

Manhattan Beach Immigration Lawyer

California is an exceptional state due to its past and current history of immigration. Its diversity of skills and backgrounds allows it to thrive globally in terms of innovation and economic success. If you are interested in having your own successful immigration story in California, then a Manhattan Beach immigration lawyer from US Law Center can support you on your journey.

At US Law Center, our legal team has been working with people who are eager to immigrate to the United States, assisting with issues and challenges ranging from obtaining a work or family visa to fighting removal orders. Whether you are dealing with minor paperwork issues or are unsure about what your most feasible immigration avenue might be, our legal team is here to advise you about the immigration process and ensure that your rights are protected.

How a Manhattan Beach Immigration Lawyer Can Help

A Manhattan Beach immigration attorney assists people who are facing immigration issues. They are knowledgeable about immigration law in California and the United States, so they can help enterprises, people, and families work through complicated immigration situations. Our Manhattan Beach immigration law team can assist with issues related to the following: 

  • Affidavit of Support: An Affidavit of Support is often required for a family-based visa as well as some employment visa applications. This contract, written between a sponsor and the United States government, states that they will provide financial support for the applicant.
  • Application Process for Visas: These processes include many visa types, such as business visas (including E-2 for business investors and B-1 for business visitors) and marriage visas, which apply to individuals who are spouses of U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
  • Application Process for Green Card: This includes 1-751 Renewal, a Writ of Mandamus claim, and a green card for families. An immigration lawyer can help you prepare papers, gather the necessary documentation, and meet the filing deadlines.  They can also prepare and guide you through the other steps of the process.
  • Request for Evidence: This request is made by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) as well as additional immigration bodies. It is a request for further information or documents to provide evidence for an application.
  • Understanding Application and Eligibility for Parole in Place: This discretionary benefit is for specific family members of certain individuals who came into the United States without going through the inspection process, and are asking to apply for parole.
  • 212(d)(3) Waivers or I-601a Waivers: These kinds of waivers open up the opportunity to stay in the U.S. for people who had been considered to be inadmissible in the U.S., usually for reasons such as unlawful presence in the country.
  • Defense Against Removal or Deportation Order:  If you are facing deportation from the United States, then our team can assist you with mounting a defense or introducing certain relief options.

At US Law Center, our immigration team has years of experience working with people who are trying to make a life in Manhattan Beach, California. We have helped clients and their families meet deadlines, smoothly navigate legal processes, and protect their rights. Our legal team is deeply knowledgeable in the eligibility requirements and procedural steps that must be taken to attain a specific legal status.

What Is a United States Visa?

If you are looking to potentially immigrate to the state of California, then you likely need to obtain a visa. A visa is a legal document that is required to be permitted entry into the United States. A visa can be applied for through a U.S. Consulate or Embassy. There are two major kinds of visas, which are: 

  • Immigrant Visas: Immigrant visas permit travel to the United States to live there for an extended period of time. An immigrant visa is part of the process of obtaining a green card.
  • Non-Immigrant Visas: Non-immigrant visas are typically easier to obtain than immigrant visas. This is because they permit visitation to the United States for certain reasons, such as education, work, business development, or medical purposes.

The type of visa that you will apply for to come to California will depend on varying factors, including your intent for traveling here, your family situation, and your educational and professional circumstances. An immigration lawyer from US Law Center can help you find an immigration avenue that is optimal for you.

What Is a United States Green Card?

A green card certifies that its owner has permanent residency in the U.S. and that they are authorized to travel and work within the country. Technically, green cards are a category of visa that permits permanent residence. A green card is only issued after an individual has arrived in the United States.

Prerequisites include having already obtained an immigration visa to enter the country and submitting an application through the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, or USCIS. After three to five years of holding a green card, an individual can apply for U.S. citizenship. There are a vast number of green card types, including: 

  • Employment-based green card. This kind of green card allows certain types of employees, as well as their family members, to obtain permanent residence, but it is linked to their employment.
  • Family-based green card. Certain relatives of individuals who are U.S. lawful permanent residents or U.S. citizens may be eligible to apply for this green card. These can include siblings, children, parents, and widows of U.S. lawful permanent residents or U.S. citizens.
  • Green card lottery winners. The U.S. government picks 50,000 individuals at random from a pool of applicants each year from six geographic regions, including Oceania, Asia, and Africa.
  • Humanitarian-based green card. People in particularly vulnerable situations, such as asylum seekers, victims of human trafficking, and refugees, are eligible to apply for this kind of green card.

While green cards are only granted for 10 years at a time, it is rare to have residency revoked during the renewal process, except for certain circumstances, such as having a criminal record. If you are experiencing challenges applying for or renewing a green card, then an immigration attorney from US Law Center can assist you with your case.

FAQs About Manhattan Beach, CA Immigration Laws

Q: What Is the Cost of a Manhattan Beach, California Immigration Lawyer?

A: In California, the cost of an immigration lawyer can vary, depending on multiple factors, including the experience of the attorney, the location of the law firm, and the complexity of the immigration case. For a consultation, clients will generally pay $80 to $150 hourly. For general assistance with immigration challenges, lawyers typically have an hourly rate between $100 and $300.

Q: How Much Does It Cost to File Forms for a CA Immigration Application?

A: If you are specifically looking to file paperwork with an immigration lawyer in California, then you will likely be charged a lump sum as opposed to paying an hourly rate. To assist with filing the forms for a particular application, a lawyer may charge anywhere from $200 to $1000 or more. The price depends on the number of forms that you need filed and the complexity of your immigration case.

Q: What Is a Family-Based Green Card?

A: A family-based green card is a legal document that allows individuals who are not legal citizens of the United States to get permanent residence status. To qualify, they need to have an immediate family member who is a lawful permanent resident or U.S. citizen. There are different ‘preference immigrant’ categories for family green cards, meaning that certain family members are prioritized based on their relationship with the permanent resident or U.S. citizen.

Q: How Long Does It Take to Get a Marriage-Based Green Card in California?

A: If you are married to a U.S. citizen, then you are eligible to apply for a marriage-based green card. Because the marriage-based green card is in such high demand in California and the United States, the average processing time of an application is 10 to 13 months. It is possible to apply for multiple marriage green cards within one year, as there is no limit. The married-based green card is based on certain conditions and is set to expire after a duration of two years.

A Manhattan Beach, CA, Immigration Lawyer You Can Rely On

If you are looking for an immigration lawyer who can help take the headaches out of immigrating to the United States, or dealing with all the paperwork involved in the process after you have arrived, then an immigration lawyer from US Law Center can assist you. We work one-on-one with our clients to understand their concerns and anxieties. Then, we can map out a plan that works optimally for their immigration situation.

Our attorneys are experienced in a myriad of immigration-related matters, including delayed visa decisions, appealing denied applications, and helping individuals with the naturalization process. By working with our team, you can rest assured that you and your family can work and live within the bounds of the law in Manhattan Beach. Contact one of our immigration lawyers to discuss your case today.

Making Immigration Law Work For You

The U.S. Law Center is a nationwide, full-service immigration law firm providing large corporations, small businesses and individuals with a full range of immigration processing and placement services.
Free Consultation