Immigration law in the U.S. is often confusing, and the process of immigration is lengthy. Requirements shift often, creating more complexity, and the stakes of the situation leave many people and families stressed and overwhelmed. Immigration issues don’t end once you are settled in the country, either. If you have an immigration issue, from applications to visas to deportation defense, you need an attorney who knows the intricacies of immigration law and regulations. Legal representation can make a significant difference in your issue and provide you with the necessary support.
U.S. Law Center Is Proud to Serve
At U.S. Law Center, we understand the difficulties specific to immigration cases. It’s essential to us that we bring you caring and strong legal representation, whether you need immigration status adjustment, criminal defense, or asylum. U.S. immigrants deserve effective defense and the ability to live with family members, seek employment, and reside somewhere safe. Our skilled attorneys in Gardena, CA handle both civil and criminal immigration issues, so we can help you however you need. The processes involved in immigration can seem impossible, but we want to help. We aim to help individuals and families with their immigration needs and assist employers who need to obtain work visas.
Immigration Cases We Handle
U.S. Law Center handles several types of immigration cases, including:
- Green cards and visas. For temporary or permanent residency in the U.S., we can help you work through the application process. Green cards are an essential first step to gaining permanent legal citizenship. Visas include employment visas and family-based visas. There are several forms of employment visas, which depend on your field of work, among other things. Family visas allow a citizen to sponsor a family member. Our team can help you determine what visas or green cards are viable for your circumstances, and we can make this process much faster and combat delays and denials.
- Status adjustment. If you already live in the U.S. and want to change your immigration status, we can help. This includes re-applying or changing your status after an expired visa, changing from a visa to a green card, or becoming a documented resident.
- Citizenship application. After you’ve had a green card for some time, you can apply for permanent citizenship. We can help you complete applications accurately and prepare you for citizenship tests.
- Asylum. If you are a refugee or are afraid of persecution in the country you live in, our attorneys can help you apply for refugee status and asylum in the U.S.
- Deportation defense. If you or your family members are facing removal and deportation, our skilled immigration attorneys can provide you with a strong defense and determine your ideal legal options.
- DACA applications. We can help those certain people living in the U.S. who were brought to the country as a child. This deferred entry allows these individuals to apply for certain opportunities and begin working toward citizenship.
- Criminal defense. Being charged with a crime can endanger your immigration status. It’s important to understand how a case can affect you by finding committed legal representation. We can also assist those facing immigration offense charges.
- Application and deportation appeals. Filing appeals is necessary if you may be deported or if your application for a visa, green card, or citizenship has been denied. Our attorneys can work to find the ideal legal options for these situations.
Our immigration lawyers strive to bring you quality legal care and bring our extensive experience to aid your case. We offer online services for legal representation for individuals unable to come to our office so that we can provide convenient aid to those who need it. If you find yourself dealing with an immigration issue, let our professionals help resolve the problem as quickly and effectively as possible.
What Makes an Effective Gardena Immigration Lawyer?
Your immigration attorney is essential to navigating the immigration system. There are several things to keep in mind when looking for an immigration attorney in Gardena and surrounding communities, including:
- Experience. You want an immigration lawyer who has worked on cases similar to yours and has had success. That way, you can be confident your attorney understands the intricacies of the areas of immigration law you are dealing with.
- Local. Working with an attorney in the Gardena area is important because local policies may be different from state or federal. Additionally, local firms and attorneys have better connections to the parties and agencies that may be handling your case. This strong working relationship can make your situation go more smoothly.
- Licensed. Do your research and ensure your immigration attorney is accredited and licensed to practice.
- Communicative. Check reviews and ask around locally to determine how well the area attorneys communicate with their clients. You want to work with someone who will answer your questions clearly and patiently and who will respond promptly when you contact them. Your attorney should keep you updated regarding the circumstances of your case and ensure you understand what to expect.
- Compassionate. It’s important that your attorney makes you feel comfortable and safe and tailors their legal counsel to the specifics of your situation.
- Transparent. You want to find an attorney who will be open with you throughout the process. This includes transparency for fee structures and being upfront about your case’s likelihood of success.
- Language fluency. If your primary or preferred language isn’t English, it’s essential to find an attorney who can communicate fluently in your language.
Above all, it’s important that you feel comfortable with your attorney. Talk with a potential attorney to determine if they would be a good fit for your case.
Reasons Why Immigrants May Be Under Threat of Deportation
Deportation is a frightening thing for many immigrants. Common reasons that immigrants face deportation include:
- Expired visas. Some people fail to follow the end date of their visa. Many immigrants on temporary visas stay in the country after their visa expires, and they face deportation for this reason.
- Lack of legal representation. When an individual is facing deportation proceedings, it’s essential to have legal representation to try to prevent deportation.
- Violation of visa terms. Work visas are generally valid under a specific industry or job, and a change could threaten the validity of a visa. If an immigrant violates their visa terms, they may face deportation.
- Undocumented entry. If immigrants come into the U.S. illegally, they may face deportation.
- Criminal conviction. If an immigrant is convicted of a felony, as well as some misdemeanors, they may be deported. This is why skilled immigration criminal defense attorneys are necessary if you have been charged with a crime.
FAQs About Gardena, CA Immigration
What Do Immigration Attorneys Do?
Immigration lawyers help with many aspects of the immigration process. This includes the immigration process and its paperwork, naturalization, citizenship, and other necessary legal navigation that immigrants face. An attorney can represent an immigrant in civil or criminal court, as well as provide guidance during interviews and prior to citizenship tests. Immigration attorneys know the complexities of immigration law and how to help those dealing with it.
How Much Does an Immigration Lawyer Cost?
Some attorneys charge an hourly rate, while others charge a flat fee. Flat fees are often for specific short-term guidance, such as filing an application. An hourly rate charge may be anywhere from $100 to $350. The more complex your case is, the higher the cost. Some attorneys will also have options for a reduced fee or pro bono services if you are unable to afford full-cost services. It’s always important to ask an attorney about their fee structure to ensure you can afford their services during your time of need.
Can Lawyers Come to an Immigration Interview?
Yes, a lawyer can join their client during most immigration interviews. It’s often beneficial to have someone in your corner with an extensive understanding of immigration law. Though some interviewers are fair, others will lie or engage in tactics to try and mess up an individual in their interview. Having an attorney in the room not only makes these tactics less likely, but it provides you counsel and the ability to step away from the interview if necessary. An attorney can also help prepare you for your interview if you decide to enter alone.
Do I Need to Hire an Immigration Lawyer for My Immigration Case?
You don’t have to hire an immigration attorney for your case. However, there are several advantages to working with a professional, and it gives you an increased chance at success. When you’re handling an immigration case, the outcome of which can impact the rest of your life, this increased chance can be vital.
U.S. Law Center — Your Gardena Immigration Lawyer
If you need an attorney in Gardena for your immigration case, we can help. At U.S. Law Center, we are proud to serve our community with effective and dedicated legal counsel. We want to make this complex immigration process as straightforward as possible. Contact our firm today to see how we can help you with immigration law.