Call For A Consultation 866-665-1696

Rancho Cucamonga Immigration Lawyer

Home     |    Rancho Cucamonga Immigration Lawyer


Rancho Cucamonga, located in San Bernardino County, is known for the large number of sunny days that it gets each day, as well as its diverse and dynamic population. Due to the wealth of economic opportunities in the city, as well as its closeness to key transportation hubs, many individuals are keen to immigrate to the area. If you are looking for immigration support in the city, then a Rancho Cucamonga immigration lawyer from U.S. Law Center can be of assistance to you.

The legal immigration team at U.S. Law Center has been serving people in and connected to the Rancho Cucamonga area with their immigration challenges, ranging from securing immigration visas abroad to walking through the naturalization process.

We can analyze the details of your immigration case, address your questions and concerns, and work together to find an optimal immigration pathway for you. Additionally, we can fiercely represent you if you are facing immigration-related charges. We are here to serve and address your immigration needs.

Why Work with U.S. Law Center in Rancho Cucamonga?

The legal team at U.S. Law Center is proud to serve the people of Rancho Cucamonga and the surrounding area with their immigration-related issues. Our legal team has the relevant knowledge and extensive experience to take on your case, despite the type or complexity. Some of the following reasons you should work with our Rancho Cucamonga team include:

  • Excellent Communication. In order to represent you in court or during immigration status changes or application processes, immigration attorneys are required to communicate with representatives at various agencies, including the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). We can leverage our exceptional communication skills to facilitate your immigration processes smoothly.
  • Ease of Access. During your immigration process or court proceedings, you will likely have a wide range of questions or concerns that come up. Fortunately, our team is extremely responsive and will take care to get back to you as soon as possible with a thorough and clear answer.
  • Support and Inclusivity. Our legal team thrives on the fact that our team is diverse and that our firm goals align with steering towards a Rancho Cucamonga that is more inclusive and celebrates differences. As a result, we provide an inclusive, culturally sensitive, and non-judgmental space in which clients can feel comfortable sharing case details, questions, or concerns that they may have in confidence.
  • Strong Litigation. If you are facing a deportation removal, have been detained by ICE, or are dealing with other charges or orders that threaten your immigration status or presence in the county, a legal representative from U.S. Law Center can defend you with fierce precision in immigration court.
  • Unique Solutions. Whether you are trying to come to Rancho Cucamonga to carry out a short-term business mission or would like to commence the naturalization process after living as a lawful permanent resident for years, our thoughtful legal team will consider all details of your case to develop an optimal immigration strategy, so that you can reach your immigration-related goals.

At the U.S. Law Center, our legal team works diligently to help handle your application processes quickly and efficiently and walk you through complex subsequent legal procedures. Furthermore, we are knowledgeable about current immigration regulations and laws, which allows us to provide informed and optimal representation for your immigration case.

What Are Common Ways to Become a U.S. Citizen in Rancho Cucamonga, CA?

It’s important to rule out the individuals who are born as U.S. citizens, as this is a factor that people do not have active control over. To be born a U.S. citizen, you have to be born on U.S. soil or be born abroad to parents who are U.S. citizens. Individuals under the age of 18 can get derived citizenship if one or each parent is naturalized or if they are adopted by a parent who is a U.S. citizen.

Becoming a citizen of the United States is an exciting milestone in a person’s life that can come with a myriad of financial and personal opportunities. Many individuals from across the globe are searching for immigration pathways to legally come to the United States so that they can live out their own personal American dream and eventually become U.S. citizens.

For individuals who are not automatically granted U.S. citizenship by terms of their birth circumstances or familial relationship as a minor, the most common way to get U.S. citizenship is through becoming a lawful permanent resident and holding the status for a minimum of five years, in addition to other requirements. However, securing a green card can be difficult. The most commonly leveraged naturalization pathways to get a green card include:

  • Spouse of a U.S. Citizen. If you are the spouse of a U.S. citizen, then you can apply for a family-based visa to come to the United States. For U.S. citizens, there is an unlimited number of acceptance spots open each year, so the process is streamlined compared to spouses of lawful permanent residents. After holding a conditional green card for three years, U.S. citizen spouses can apply for citizenship.
  • Spouse of a U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident. Spouses of lawful permanent residents can also apply for non-prioritized visas to come to the United States, but this can take some years to process as there are a limited number of spots. However, this type of visa is higher on the priority list than other types of family-based visas.
  • Child Immigration. Children of U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents commonly apply for immigrant visas to come to the United States. Children of U.S. citizens who are under the age of 18 can typically secure a green card in 1-2 years. For unmarried adult children of U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents, the process can take 7-10 years.
  • Military Members. Those who serve in the U.S. military may be able to acquire citizenship at a faster rate than other applicants, as the process is expedited for them in exchange for their service.
  • Refugees and Asylees. In cases in which individuals who have fled war and persecution and are located in the United States are granted asylum, they can start counting their time of lawful permanent residence from the date they are granted asylum.

Refugees can count the time that they are registered as lawful permanent residents in the country from the date they enter the country. This shortens the typical requirement of having to hold a green card for 5 years before being able to apply for a passport.

It’s important to note that there are exceptions to some of the wait times for immigrant visas for individuals who have certain classifications or situations, including investors, minors, students, and members of the military. An immigration lawyer from U.S. Law Center can give you a more accurate estimate of how long your wait times will be based on your optimal immigration pathway and your particular circumstances.


Q: Does Gay Marriage Count for Spouse-Based Green Cards?

A: Yes, if you are a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who is married to a foreign national of the same sex, then you can sponsor your spouse for a family-based immigrant visa. The family-based immigrant visa does not discriminate based on sexual orientation. The same rules apply for the K-1 visa for same-sex couples who are engaged.

Q: What Is the Adjustment of Status Process in California?

A: In California and the United States, Adjustment of Status is a necessary step after coming to the country with an immigrant visa to get a green card. It entails adjusting your immigration status from being a visa holder to a lawful permanent resident with United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Q: How Long Does It Take to Get Temporary Travel or Work Permits?

A: After initiating the Adjustment of Status process, you will be issued your temporary travel and work permits. When you are filing for adjustment status, you will have the opportunity to file for these temporary permits. They typically take about a month to get after you have filed. An experienced lawyer can help you with temporary work and travel permits during filing for adjustment.

Q: Can I Renew My Conditional Family-Based Green Card?

A: A conditional family-based green card is issued for spouses of U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents. It is not eligible for renewal. For such green cards, there is a critical period of time in which the conditions must be removed; otherwise, the card will expire, and your immigration status will be jeopardized.

Work With a Supportive Rancho Cucamonga Immigration Attorney on Your Case

Immigration issues in Rancho Cucamonga can sometimes feel overwhelming, as it can threaten your presence in the country and, therefore, the entire life that you have built in the city.

The legal team at U.S. Law Center understands how much stress can be associated with these processes, which is why we utilize all of our resources to find our clients an optimal immigration pathway that suits their needs. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and start planning your immigration solutions.

Making Immigration Law Work For You

The U.S. Law Center is a nationwide, full-service immigration law firm providing large corporations, small businesses and individuals with a full range of immigration processing and placement services.
Free Consultation