Call For A Consultation 866-665-1696

Professional Immigration: H-1, H-1B Visas

Home     |    Green Cards And Visas     |    Nonimmigrant Work Visas     |    Professional Immigration: H-1, H-1B Visas

U.S. Immigration Lawyer Handling Professional Immigration H-1B Visas

At U.S. Law Center, our Southern California immigration law firm, we assist employers in recruiting skilled and highly educated foreign national workers. Our attorneys often make use of H-1B and H-1B1 temporary work visas as part of a comprehensive process leading to permanent legal residency (a green card) for foreign nationals. Our clients include companies involved in technology, marketing, finance, architecture, engineering, medicine and other areas. Our small, tightly focused practice allows our lawyers to remain abreast of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) requirements and international employment markets, providing our clients with effective representation in this particularly dynamic and challenging area of immigration law. Our attorneys, based at our Southern California offices in Riverside County, travel throughout the United States.

H-1B Classification

The H-1B visa, a nonimmigrant work visa, allows foreign nationals to enter the U.S. to work in positions that require a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. The applicant must have those qualifications and be sponsored by a U.S. employer that is willing to pay the prevailing wage for the work. Our attorneys represent employers in H-1B visa petitions, filing the required labor condition application (LCA) with the Department of Labor and form I-129W and all supporting documentation with USCIS.

H-1B1 Classification

The H-1B1 visa is similar to the H-1B. It allows people in “specialty occupations” to work in the U.S. temporarily. To qualify for H-1B1 classification, the professional applicant must be able to document theoretical and practical application of specialized knowledge and must have at least a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, and the job must require at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. The H-1B1 visa applicant must have a sponsoring employer in the U.S. Our attorneys assist employers in filing the visa application, supporting documentation and LCA.

A Simple Error Can Cause A Significant Delay

When an employer has reached an agreement with a professional regarding employment, the company already has a significant investment to protect. By selecting a law firm with extensive experience in H-1B and H-1B1 visas, the company reduces the risk of an error or omission in the application and avoids resulting delay or denial. Attorneys at U.S. Law Center have a high rate of success in professional immigration visa applications.

Dependents Of H-1B Visa Holders

Our attorneys will handle applications for H-4 dependent visas for the spouse and unmarried children of an H-1B or H-1B1 worker. Dependents can enroll in schools in the U.S. without obtaining a student visa, but cannot work unless they qualify for a work visa.

If you would like to discuss a petition for a professional visa under the H-1B program with one of our lawyers or have another question about our immigration law practice, please email or call our Riverside County office at to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards. Se habla español.

If you are a prospective employee, you may have as a final goal employment-based residency (a green card) or U.S. citizenship. Our immigration lawyers will craft a multistage strategy toward that goal. We also help employees with family-based visa applications for their spouses and children.

Making Immigration Law Work For You

The U.S. Law Center is a nationwide, full-service immigration law firm providing large corporations, small businesses and individuals with a full range of immigration processing and placement services.
Free Consultation