Call For A Consultation 866-665-1696

Education And Culture: J Visa/Q Visa

Home     |    Green Cards And Visas     |    Nonimmigrant Work Visas     |    Education And Culture: J Visa/Q Visa

U.S. Immigration Lawyer: J-1 Cultural And Educational Exchange Visas

Attorneys at U.S. Law Center assist sponsoring schools, research institutes and cultural organizations in J-1 visa and Q visa applications for the promotion of educational and cultural exchange programs. J and Q visas allow students, trainees involved in on-the-job training, teachers, researchers and consultants to travel in the United States and participate in the demonstration and sharing of specific knowledge. These are temporary work visas, and visa applicants are required to demonstrate binding ties to their home countries, that they have sufficient funds to cover expenses in the United States and that they intend to return home to use the skills and experience acquired in the U.S.

Representing Sponsoring Organizations

Our lawyers are prepared to represent approved sponsoring organizations, including organizations arranging for exchange programs for university students, research scholars, teachers, professors, au pairs, trainees and camp counselors. If our client is applying for temporary immigration under a J-1 visa, we will prepare form IAP-66 on behalf of the designated sponsoring organization and visa application form DS-156 on behalf of the applicant. When representing a participant in the Q exchange program, we prepare form I-129, petition for nonimmigrant worker, on behalf of the applicant and form I-797 on behalf of the sponsoring organization. Our office files all forms with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and monitors the progress of the application.

Apply For Your Visa Well In Advance Of Your Trip

Current security measures involve extensive screening of exchange visitor visa applications under the cultural exchange Q visa or exchange visitors J visa programs. It is important to begin the application process as soon as possible to ensure timely approval.

Family Members Of The Exchange Visitor

The spouse and/or unmarried children under the age of 21 of a J visa holder may apply for entry under J-2 status. Our attorneys handle all related applications and filings as part of our services for the J visa applicant.

If you represent an educational or cultural organization and would like to speak with one of our lawyers about J visa or Q visa application services, please email or call our Riverside County office at to arrange a complimentary consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards. Se habla español.

Making Immigration Law Work For You

The U.S. Law Center is a nationwide, full-service immigration law firm providing large corporations, small businesses and individuals with a full range of immigration processing and placement services.
Free Consultation