Call For A Consultation 866-665-1696

Fiancé And Spouse: K-1, K-3 Visas

Home     |    Green Cards And Visas     |    Family Immigration Visas     |    Fiancé And Spouse: K-1, K-3 Visas

K-1 Fiancé And K-3 Spouse Visas

At U.S. Law Center in Riverside County, our attorneys assist U.S. citizens in immigration processing necessary to bring foreign national husbands, wives, fiancés and fiancées into the United States, handling all phases of K-3 and K-1 visa processing and applications for permanent resident status.

In addition to the K visa, our lawyers handle all other types of family immigration. If you would like to speak with a member of our firm about your situation, please contact us to arrange a free consultation.

The K-3 Spouse Visa

The K-3 visa allows the alien spouse of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States. An immigrant petition (form I-130) must be filed when the I-129F (K-3 visa petition) is filed. The K-3 visa is intended to shorten the waiting period for a spouse to enter the U.S. Once the spouse has entered the U.S., he or she will be eligible to adjust his or her status to permanent residency, a much easier process than applying for immigrant status abroad.

The K-1 Fiancé/Fiancée Visa

A K-1 visa is a nonimmigrant visa intended to allow the fiancé or fiancée of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States to get married. The U.S. citizen and alien fiancé(e) must have met personally in the two years before filing the necessary I-129F petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Upon approval of the petition, the fiancé(e) can enter the United States. The marriage must take place within 90 days or the fiancé(e) risks removal.

If you have as your long-term goal achieving U.S. citizenship, talk to our attorneys about an appropriate strategy. The spouse and children of a nonimmigrant work visa holder or of a person entering the U.S. on a student F visa are entitled to enter the U.S. under dependent status.

If you would like to speak with one of our lawyers about a K-3 spouse visa or a K-1 fiancé(e) visa or have another question about our immigration law practice, please email or call our Riverside County office at to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards. Se habla español.

Making Immigration Law Work For You

The U.S. Law Center is a nationwide, full-service immigration law firm providing large corporations, small businesses and individuals with a full range of immigration processing and placement services.
Free Consultation