Call For A Consultation 866-665-1696

What is needed for the J-1 visitor visa application?

Home     |    Blog     |    What is needed for the J-1 visitor visa application?

What is needed for the J-1 visitor visa application?

There are many different types of non-immigrant visas that can be obtained by people who are looking to temporarily visit the U.S. For example, people who wish to apply for exchange programs can also apply to obtain a J-1 exchange visitor visa. In doing so, they may be allowed to take programs, classes, attend workshops, or even take temporary employment in the U.S.

The Bureau of Consular Affairs states that the J-1 visa application requires several steps in order to be submitted for approval. Not only does this include the application form itself, which is Form DS-160, but it also includes a number of other documents as well as a photograph for identification purposes. Fees may also be given, and a person who finishes filing their documents and filling out the proper paperwork will also need to go through an interview if they are between 14 and 79 years old.

A J-1 visitor visa application also has several different documentation filing requirements, as told by the Department of State. These documents must be brought in to the interview or even submitted beforehand so that the interviewers will be able to look them over. The documentation includes the application form, a placement plan for the intended internship, a valid passport with proper identification photographs, and a certificate of eligibility known as DS 2019.

Though collecting the documentation and filing out the paperwork can be a little tedious, starting the application process for a J-1 visa is one way to ensure that people who wish to study or take exchange programs in the U.S. will be able to do so.

Making Immigration Law Work For You

The U.S. Law Center is a nationwide, full-service immigration law firm providing large corporations, small businesses and individuals with a full range of immigration processing and placement services.
Free Consultation