Call For A Consultation 866-665-1696

How do I travel to the U.S. as a representative of foreign media?

Home     |    Blog     |    How do I travel to the U.S. as a representative of foreign media?

How do I travel to the U.S. as a representative of foreign media?

If you work as part of the media in a foreign country, your job may require you to travel to Riverside County. Many films are made in California and many major news outlets cover stories in the Los Angeles area. Here is what you need to know about coming to the U.S. if you work in the media industry.

According to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, members of the foreign media will need an I visa to enter the country. Visitors from some countries are eligible for visa waivers; however, if you are coming for the purpose of working, you will need an I visa even if your home country is on the waiver list. The American Embassy nearest to where you live is where you should go to fill out an application.

If you are married or have children who are under the age of 21, your family may accompany you to the U.S. by also applying for I visas. With an I nonimmigrant visa, your spouse and children may attend school but will not be permitted to work. If they are only coming to visit you on vacation and not to reside with you while you are working in the U.S., they may qualify for a waiver or for a B-2 nonimmigrant visa.

In order for you to be eligible for an I visa, your home office must be located in country other than the U.S. In addition, your visit to the U.S. must be for the purpose of engaging in your profession as a representative of a foreign media outlet. This is information on this topic is general in nature and is not intended to be legal advice.

Making Immigration Law Work For You

The U.S. Law Center is a nationwide, full-service immigration law firm providing large corporations, small businesses and individuals with a full range of immigration processing and placement services.
Free Consultation