U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

March 2017 Archives

What a merit-based immigration system could potentially look like

Anyone who is seeking to come to the United States to live or work in Corona, California has to meet certain criteria. While some people come to the country because of their employment, many others come to be reunited with family members who are already citizens. In a recent speech, President Donald Trump signaled his desire to move away from a family-based model and adopt a merit-based system for deciding who can come to the U.S. Here is a look at what that type of system may involve.

Some fear spike in enforcement may lessen cooperation with police

Crime can happen anywhere and to anyone living in California, regardless of whether they were born here or not. Given the recent spotlight on increased efforts to enforce federal immigration laws, some are worried about how this could affect the ability of law enforcement to properly help victims in their communities.

What is a P-1A visa and who is eligible to receive one?

If you are traveling to the United States to participate in a sporting event and are considered an internationally recognized athlete, you may be eligible to apply for and receive a P-1A temporary worker visa. According to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, your spouse and children may also travel to the United States with you. Your children will be able to attend school, although neither they nor your spouse will able to work.

Expedited review of H-1B visa applications temporarily suspended

Much of the tech industry is based in California and many employers rely on skilled workers from other countries to fill needed jobs. If you employ workers from other countries who are highly educated, they will need to obtain an H-1B visa, which permits them to work in the United States. At US Law Center, we know how important finding and retaining talented workers is to your business.

How the current immigration climate is affecting CA’s economy

One of the many reasons that immigrants come to Riverside County to live is so that they can make a better living than they could in their native country. Given the large number of immigrants residing in California, it is perhaps not surprising that they play a vital role in its economy. Here is a look at how the economy may fare since the Trump administration has made it a priority to crackdown on immigrants who are in the country without the proper documentation.

How is the new immigration order different from the old one?

If you are living in Riverside County or Orange County but were born in a different country, you may be feeling worried about your immigration status. President Donald Trump has now revoked his earlier executive order on immigration and replaced it with a new version. Here is what you need to know about the key differences between the two.

A look at whether immigrants really cause increased crime

As the government is shifting focus and bringing much attention to immigrants living in California and other parts of the United States, some of the rhetoric has centered around how crime rates are impacted by the presence of immigrants. Despite some media outlets reporting otherwise, research has shown that immigrants do not in fact cause crime to increase in areas where they reside.

Citizenship becoming pressing matter for some green card holders

Many of the immigrants who come to live in Riverside County enjoy the privileges of holding a green card, which allows them to stay in the United States. However, having full U.S. citizenship affords even more benefits than having permanent resident status and many choose to pursue that goal.

As a non-citizen, what do I need to do if I move?

If you are living in Corona, California and have a green card or visa but are not a citizen of the United States, you must report your change of address. This will ensure that the government has the correct information about where you are living. According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website, you must file the proper paperwork providing notice of your new address within 10 days of your move.

Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions

By Appointment Only