U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

December 2015 Archives

Immigrant families denied asylum at risk for removal

The United States is a symbol of safety to many who suffer oppression and persecution in other countries. However, obtaining legal status while waiting for the right time to return home may not be a straightforward process. Providing the necessary documentation and evidence of refugee eligibility may be difficult for those who have fled their homeland in haste. In the case of those escaping the violence in Central America, the sheer volume of children and families crossing the border has created circumstances that may lead to deportation.

Resuming permanent residence in the U.S. after traveling abroad

As a permanent resident of the United States, you may need to travel to another country for business, family matters or some other reason. If you used to live in Corona, California, or elsewhere in the United States, staying outside the country for one year or outstaying your re-entry permit does not necessarily mean you lose your status. We at the U.S. Law Center have answered the questions of many returning residents who wish to renew their former status.

Collecting documentation for a TN visa

If you are a NAFTA professional worker seeking to travel to Corona, California, or elsewhere in the United States, it is important to pay careful attention to the detailed requirements for a TN visa. At the U.S. Law Center, we understand that conducting business activities in the United States can be vital to the success of your employer or company, so providing accurate and adequate documentation is essential.

Victims of human traffickers may qualify for a T visa

Not everyone meets the requirements to move to the United States legally. However, many have taken advantage of offers made by unethical people who promise safe transport into the country in exchange for money or favors. The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime states that this practice is considered human trafficking, and it is both illegal and immoral.

Is my child eligible for derivative citizenship?

As an immigrant parent in Riverside or Orange county in California who is planning to become a U.S. citizen, you may be interested in the ways that your child may become a U.S. citizen, as well. When you go through the naturalization process, there is a good chance that your child will derive or acquire citizenship automatically when you become a citizen. If all the conditions are met, then your son or daughter will not have to go through the naturalization process separately from you.

Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions

By Appointment Only