U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

September 2015 Archives

Are undocumented immigrants protected from employer retaliation?

Living and working in the United States can be particularly challenging when you do not have a work visa or other proper documentation. Unfortunately, some employers have taken advantage of immigrants in this situation, even though the U.S. Department of Labor requires them to abide by certain labor laws regarding workplace safety, wage and hour laws and other fair employment practices. If you are an undocumented immigrant who is employed in Riverside or Orange County, California, you may be concerned that your employer will be take actions that lead to your deportation if you attempt to speak out against unfair practices.  

Bringing children to the United States

It is common for permanent residents who are living in Riverside or Orange County, California, to have other family members still living in their home country. Under family immigration law, certain people have priority when it comes to reuniting with family members in the United States, and these include children under the age of 21. When a parent wants to bring a child to the United States, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services requires certain documentation verifying the fulfillment of guidelines based on the age of the child and the specific family relationship.

Who should apply for temporary protected status?

If you are an immigrant residing in Riverside or Orange County, California, and your country of nationality is designated for temporary protected status, you may be eligible to apply. According to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, there are typically several countries given TPS designation by the Secretary of Homeland Security at any particular time, and your country may be included if an armed conflict or natural disaster prevents you from returning. The designation initially lasts six, 12 or 18 months, and may be extended after that period if conditions are still unsafe.

Responsibilities of U.S. permanent residents

If you are in the process of becoming a U.S. permanent resident in Riverside or Orange Counties, you may be wondering what your obligations will be under your new status. Understanding these is an essential part of living in the United States. At the U.S. Law Center, our goal is to make the transition as smooth as possible for you.

Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions

By Appointment Only