U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

July 2015 Archives

Foreign nationals can work for U.S. religious organizations

At the U.S. Law Center, we understand that as a foreign national working in a religious occupation, you may have been given the opportunity to work in the United States temporarily for a church-owned organization here in Riverside or Orange County. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services provides the R-1 work visa specifically for this purpose and we have helped many people like you.

What are the requirements to sponsor an immigrant in California?

When you have a family member who wants to move to the United States permanently and plans to live with you in Corona, CA, you can become that person’s sponsor under certain conditions. To become a sponsor, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services requires you to sign an affidavit of support. This document states that you will be financially responsible for your family member until that person becomes a citizen or works in the country for 40 quarters of work, which typically takes about 10 years.

What challenges might you face as an immigrant?

It is usually difficult and challenging to go through the immigration law process to become a United States citizen. After moving to Corona, you may face numerous social and economic barriers that may make this time even more difficult. Many of those born in America do not realize the difficulties that immigrants face on a daily basis.

Determining eligibility for provisional unlawful presence waivers

The family member of a U.S. citizen in California who is in the country illegally must travel abroad to complete the immigrant visa process at the U.S. embassy or consulate of their home country. This process can cause a separation of years. Since March 2013, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services have allowed certain people to apply for provisional unlawful presence waivers while they fulfill the requirements for immigrant visas abroad. If approved, this waiver significantly shortens the time that they must be away from their families.

California voters may approve residency permits for immigrants

According to U.S. Immigration law, the federal government has sole authority to prescribe rules determining which aliens may enter the country and which may be removed. Federal government agencies such as the Immigration and Customs Enforcement are responsible for enforcing civil immigration laws. However, state and local law enforcement in California are authorized to enforce criminal immigration laws, including illegal entry or re-entry, or a failure to depart when there is an order of removal.

Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions

By Appointment Only