U.S. Law Center

Employment Immigration Archives

The role of the L-1B nonimmigrant work visa

When a multinational company wants to relocate one of their foreign employees to a worksite here in California, one option the US Citizenship and Immigration Services offers is the L-1B Visa. This temporary work visa allows the company to transfer an employee who has advanced or specialized knowledge of the company’s products, services, policies or procedures in the foreign market to the U.S. to enhance the business and help it thrive in the global marketplace.

What are the different types of temporary work visas?

Every year, citizens of foreign countries apply for work visas and enter the United States for employment. If you are planning on working in the U.S., it is important to understand which type of work visa you will need to apply for and review all of the requirements. For example, some workers may secure a permanent visa, while others only need a temporary worker visa. In Corona, California, and across the country, those who are preparing for employment-based immigration should ensure that they approach the application process properly.

An overview of U.S. employment immigration

According to the U.S. Department of State, there are roughly 140,000 employment-related visas issued in the country each fiscal year. Additionally, some family members (such as a spouse or child) may be able to accompany those with an employment-related visa. The Department of State also covers a number of employment-based immigration issues that those who are getting ready to work in the U.S. should keep in mind, such as vaccination requirements, medical exams, applying for Social Security Number Cards, fees, visa interviews, required documentation and more. For those who want to start working in Corona, California, or anywhere else in the United States, it is imperative to understand the ins and outs of employment immigration before applying.

Reaching out to those who need work visas

For prospective employees, there are many things to take into consideration. However, for those who are trying to secure a work visa in order to begin working in Corona, California, or anywhere else in the United States, employment-related issues can be far more complicated. At U.S. Law Center, we understand the challenges that people who are in this position often face and we work hard to help make employment-based immigration easier for our clients.

H-visas for temporary nonimmigrant workers

There are many different reasons for nonimmigrant workers to come to the U.S., either on business or for the sake of employment. What some may not know is that there are different types of temporary visa categories that are applicable for different jobs. Because of that, it is important for any worker going into the U.S. to know which category they will need to look into.

Your time as an overseas employee with L-1 and L-2 work visas

As someone working in a multinational corporation, you will need to get a visa to travel to the U.S. for extended trips. However, there are certain visas necessary for businesses that aren't the same as visas given out to students or to people seeking permanent residency. At U.S. Law Center, it is our job to ensure that you get the temporary work visa that you need to operate in the United States.

Requirements necessary to apply for an O Visa

There are many different types of visas that may be available to you if you wish to visit the U.S. One type is called the O Visa for the Artist or Athlete, otherwise known as the Extraordinary Ability O Visa. However, there are certain requirements that you must meet if you are interested in this visa type.

Requirements for H-1B and H-1B1 nonimmigrant work visas

If you are looking to stay in America for the duration of your job, one visa that you can look into is the H-1B or H-1B1 nonimmigrant work visa. Here at U.S. Law Center, we understand that it is your priority to obtain your visa as quickly as possible and can provide you with more information, which can allow you to make decisions faster.

Using employment to gain health coverage

Immigrants in Riverside may be unfortunately aware of the fact that the ACA isn’t the best plan out there for health coverage, despite its pitch as an all-inclusive program. However, being left out of health coverage can be circumvented through various tactics, including taking up residence with a work visa under your belt.

Immigrants in California will now be allowed to become lawyers

Governor Jerry Brown has signed into law AB 1024 that in effect allows for undocumented immigrants to obtain a law degree in California.  One legislator emphasized how California has remained active in allowing immigrants to pursue their careers while the federal government has been slow to implement any new legislation.

Email Us For a Response

Contact U.S. Law Center

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Corona Office
4230 Green River RD.
Corona, CA 92880

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office
208 E. Carson St.
Suite 203
Carson, CA 90745

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Carson Law Office Map

| |