U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

November 2016 Archives

Can I still obtain a green card if my spouse is deceased?

If you are an immigrant living in Riverside County and your deceased spouse was a United States citizen, you are still eligible to apply for a green card after his or her death. However, there are some limitations and deadlines that must be adhered to, so it is important to know as much about the process as possible.

Can I apply to bring my sibling to live in the United States?

If you are living in California and you have a sibling in another country, it is only natural to want to have him or her immigrate to the United States to be near you. In some circumstances, you may be able to file a petition for a green card for your brother or sister. There are some conditions though, according to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Some question legality of fast-track hearings for asylum seekers

Many people who immigrate to Southern California are trying to escape less than pleasant living conditions in their native countries. In some circumstances, such people may be granted asylum and allowed to legally stay in the United States. Asylum protections also apply to a person’s children and spouse. Those who are granted asylum are permitted to apply for a green card after one year, according to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions

By Appointment Only