U.S. Law Center

October 2016 Archives

A look at the 2018 diversity green card lottery

Immigrants residing in California may wish to obtain a green card in order to become a permanent resident of the United States. Depending on what country they were born in, such people may be eligible to submit an application for the 2018 diversity green card lottery.

What type of visa do I need if I work on a ship?

If you work on certain types of ships or are part of an international airline crew and plan to travel to California, you may qualify for a crewmember visa. These are nonimmigrant visas and are also known as type D visas. You can apply for a crewmember visa at a U.S. consulate or embassy, according to the U.S. Department of StateBureau of Consular Affairs.

California seeks to expand access to ObamaCare

Foreign nationals who reside in California may enjoy many of the benefits of living in the United States, but they may still worry about being able to find and afford health care insurance coverage. The Affordable Care Act created health coverage marketplaces where people can purchase insurance plans. Those plans vary in the amount of coverage and the cost. People whose incomes qualify receive subsidies to help offset the costs of coverage.

How do I qualify for an EB-1 permanent worker visa?

If you are immigrating to California from another country because of your job, you may be eligible to obtain status as a permanent worker. There are several different categories of permanent workers. The EB-1 category is considered a first-preference visa and is reserved for those workers with “extraordinary abilities.”

Email Us For a Response

Contact U.S. Law Center

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Corona Office
4230 Green River RD.
Corona, CA 92880

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office
208 E. Carson St.
Suite 203
Carson, CA 90745

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Carson Law Office Map

| |