U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

June 2016 Archives

Social media and the Visa Waiver Program

Visiting the United States from another country is often a temporary event, conducted for business purposes or for enjoying tourist activities. For many foreign nationals, part of the process of making the trip includes applying for an employment or tourist visa. However, according to National Public Radio, there are 38 countries designated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security whose citizens may qualify for the Visa Waiver Program.

Outcome for the DAPA program

When one member of a family living in California is a U.S. citizen and others are undocumented immigrants, the risk of deportation is an ongoing threat to the family’s stability. This is especially true when the citizen is a minor child and the separation could remove the parent who is the breadwinner and caregiver. Immigration reform on the state and federal levels has attempted to address this problem.

What happens during an inspection at a U.S. port of entry?

As a foreign national, when you plan to go to California or elsewhere in the United States, there are certain steps that you must complete to enter country legally. According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection is the federal agency that oversees the process of the inspection that you will undergo at a port of entry.

Can I lose my green card?

As a green card holder in California, you are able to enjoy many of the freedoms that are part of living in the United States. However, even though you are a permanent resident, there are rules that you must follow when you leave the country in order to retain your green card while you are away. Forbes magazine explains that there are many things you can do to establish your home in the United States that may prevent the loss of your permanent residency status if your return is delayed.

Bringing parents to the United States

When people who were born in other countries move to California or elsewhere in the United States permanently, they may be interested in reuniting other members of their family, such as parents. According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, although permanent residents are not able to sponsor a parent for a green card, a U.S. citizen who is at least 21 years of age does have this option.

Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions

By Appointment Only