U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

May 2016 Archives

Medical assistance offered to low-income immigrant children

It is natural for parents to want to protect their children, but for many undocumented immigrants in California, there may be obstacles that arise from their lack of legal status. For example, fear of deportation or language barriers may prevent someone from seeking assistance, even while difficulty finding work may contribute to the need for the help. California legislators have made many changes to state and local laws with these factors in mind.

Are you a victim of a human trafficker?

If you have come to California from another country by illegal means, the person who helped you cross the border may be implicated in the activity. Although you participated in the situation, there may be circumstances that have turned you into a victim of a crime. In this case, it is important for you to identify yourself as such and seek the assistance of law enforcement in spite of the fear of being deported.

Is your education or experience sufficient for the H-1B visa?

If you have an employer who is planning to petition for you to move to California and work through an H-1B visa, there are certain requirement that you must meet before you can be approved. While some of these are straightforward, there are others that may need to be determined by an adjudicator. According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, whether your degree earned in another country or your work experience is comparable to a U.S. bachelor’s degree is one such issue.

Are immigrant victims of domestic violence protected?

If you have moved to California from another country to join your spouse who is a U.S. citizen, the most difficult challenge you face may be overcoming language or culture barriers. However, if your spouse is abusive, your opportunity may become a nightmare. In the United States, victims of domestic violence has access to protections, though, and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services explains that these are available to anyone, regardless of immigration status.

Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions

By Appointment Only