U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

April 2016 Archives

Threats to public education for immigrant children

One of the reasons people may want to move to California and elsewhere in the United States from other countries is to take advantage of educational opportunities for their children. When one or more of the family members does not have proper documentation, there are many possible scenarios that could create a roadblock to schooling. The barriers may be even greater when it is the children themselves who are undocumented.

An update on the status of DAPA in the U.S. Supreme Court

One of the perils of living in California or elsewhere in the country without the proper documentation is the risk that a family will be separated. When parents are not eligible to apply for or renew a visa, but they have a child who is a legal resident, there is the possibility that they will be deported without their child.

Who qualifies for a family preference immigrant visa?

As a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident who is living in Orange or Riverside County in California, you may want to assist one or more of your family members in joining you in the United States. You may be able to file a petition for a family preference immigrant visa on behalf of your family member. There are a limited number of these each year, and according to the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs, the relationship between you and your family member may affect whether this family visa will be granted.

The U.S. Border Patrol’s authority

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Border Patrol agents work to prevent people from crossing the borders illegally and making it to cities such as Los Angeles and elsewhere in the United States. Patrols are tasked with the mission to protect the country from those who would or may cause harm, and they have the authority to apprehend those without proper documentation, and detain and deport them.

Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions

By Appointment Only