U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

January 2016 Archives

What is the Employment Eligibility Verification Form?

If you are an immigrant seeking employment in California, your future employer must verify that you are eligible to work in the U.S. According to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, this process involves the Employment Eligibility Verification Form, or I-9, which you and your employer must fill out after you have accepted the job. Your responsibility is only to provide the information requested on the first page.

DAPA may be implemented in 2016

Families in California may have one or more members who are in the United States lawfully, while others in the household do not have legal documentation. The potential for the division of the family through deportation is a constant threat in many of these cases, and can even interfere with parents’ ability to provide for their children. The future of the Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents, which could help millions of undocumented immigrants, will soon be decided by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Marriage fraud comes at a high cost

Marriage-based visas may seem as if they would provide an easy way for a foreign national to gain permanent residency in the United States. However, for those who do not even know a U.S. citizen, attempting to enter into a marriage just to get a green card can have devastating consequences. The Associated Press reports that unethical people set up a business to charge people high fees in exchange for fraudulent marriage licenses.

Is my child a U.S. citizen at birth?

If your child is born in California or elsewhere in the United States, or in one of the country’s outlying possessions, he or she is a citizen. However, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services states that when the birth occurs in another country, there are conditions that must be met before your child can be identified as a citizen at birth.

Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions

By Appointment Only