U.S. Law Center

Employment Immigration Archives

Census database informs study on immigrant entrepreneurs

Measuring statistics and providing real-time answers to economic questions has been difficult for researchers who are eager to contribute to the immigration debate in California and the rest of the country. Assessing the role that immigrants play in the U.S. workforce, and the economy, has involved analysis of a wide range of sources, and results often seem inconclusive. Gathering information from government databases may be a way to decipher some of the answers.

Who qualifies for the EB-3 immigrant visa?

If you have an employer or potential employer in the United States who wants you to work for a company in California, he or she may file a petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services so that you can receive a work visa. The USCIS explains that if you do not qualify for first or second preference employment-based visas, you may fit into one of the categories for a third preference visa, or EB-3.

Is your education or experience sufficient for the H-1B visa?

If you have an employer who is planning to petition for you to move to California and work through an H-1B visa, there are certain requirement that you must meet before you can be approved. While some of these are straightforward, there are others that may need to be determined by an adjudicator. According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, whether your degree earned in another country or your work experience is comparable to a U.S. bachelor’s degree is one such issue.

Immigrants play essential roles in the U.S. workforce

As an immigrant who plans to live and work in California, or who is already settled, you may be subjected unfairly to negativity at times because the U.S. is not your country of origin. This type of bias is offensive, and it is often based on false information. At the U.S. Law Center, we understand that the economy in California and in the United States depends on the workers who come here from other countries.

How does the E-verify system work?

When you apply for jobs in California or elsewhere in the United States, you should know that any employer may check your immigration status after you have filled out the employee portion of Form I-9. All new employees must complete their section of the form before the end of the first day of employment, and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services notes that an employer may use the information provided to participate in the E-verify system.

Tips for immigrants entering the workplace in the U.S.

Acquiring an employment visa and starting a new job in California may be an exciting move for a foreign national who is eager to spend time in the United States. Being able to live and work in the country legally is not always an easy process, but Chron.com points out that once people have work permits, the federal government prohibits employers from discriminating against them.

What is the Employment Eligibility Verification Form?

If you are an immigrant seeking employment in California, your future employer must verify that you are eligible to work in the U.S. According to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, this process involves the Employment Eligibility Verification Form, or I-9, which you and your employer must fill out after you have accepted the job. Your responsibility is only to provide the information requested on the first page.

Collecting documentation for a TN visa

If you are a NAFTA professional worker seeking to travel to Corona, California, or elsewhere in the United States, it is important to pay careful attention to the detailed requirements for a TN visa. At the U.S. Law Center, we understand that conducting business activities in the United States can be vital to the success of your employer or company, so providing accurate and adequate documentation is essential.

Can my nonimmigrant work visa be renewed?

Living and working in Riverside and Orange counties in California are possible through a variety of nonimmigrant work visas. If you are in the country legally with one of these documents, and the expiration date on your arrival-departure record is approaching, certain steps are necessary to prevent a change of status that could lead to deportation. United States Citizenship and Immigration Services provides specific guidelines that may allow you to get an extension of stay.

Email Us For a Response

Contact U.S. Law Center

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Corona Office
4230 Green River RD.
Corona, CA 92880

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office
208 E. Carson St.
Suite 203
Carson, CA 90745

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Carson Law Office Map

| |