U.S. Law Center

US Permanent Residency Archives

USCIS announces new app for those seeking replacement green cards

One way for immigrants living in Corona, California to remain in the United States legally is to obtain a green card. However, should that green card expire or become lost or damaged, applying for a replacement card will be necessary. At US Law Center, we know how important it is to you to have valid proof of your status as a permanent resident.

Expedited review of H-1B visa applications temporarily suspended

Much of the tech industry is based in California and many employers rely on skilled workers from other countries to fill needed jobs. If you employ workers from other countries who are highly educated, they will need to obtain an H-1B visa, which permits them to work in the United States. At US Law Center, we know how important finding and retaining talented workers is to your business.

Citizenship becoming pressing matter for some green card holders

Many of the immigrants who come to live in Riverside County enjoy the privileges of holding a green card, which allows them to stay in the United States. However, having full U.S. citizenship affords even more benefits than having permanent resident status and many choose to pursue that goal.

A look at green card holders and where they live

If you are an immigrant living in Corona, California, you may wish to gain permanent residency and remain in the United States forever. A green card is a common way that many people accomplish this. At US Law Center, we understand that staying in the country is important to you and that having the proper credentials is crucial.

How do I remove a condition on my permanent residence status?

For many immigrants to Riverside County, receiving a green card can be a huge life milestone. However, some green cards that are issued are considered conditional and only valid for a limited amount of time unless the conditions are removed. If your green card was issued due to one of the two following circumstances, the conditions will need to be removed in order for your green card to become permanent.

Understanding the new fee increase for immigration applications

Whenever immigrants who wish to live in Riverside County apply for citizenship or for a green card, they must fill out an application and pay a fee. According to USA Today, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services falls within the purview of the Department of Homeland Security. However, unlike many government agencies, USCIS is not funded by money collected from taxpayers. The required applications fees are scheduled for an increase for the first time in many years.

A look at the 2018 diversity green card lottery

Immigrants residing in California may wish to obtain a green card in order to become a permanent resident of the United States. Depending on what country they were born in, such people may be eligible to submit an application for the 2018 diversity green card lottery.

Your adjustment of status options

Your journey toward U.S. citizenship may have started before you reached California, while you were still living in your home country. Or, you may be a foreign national who visited and discovered the many benefits of life in the United States. However you came to be here, if you currently have a valid nonimmigrant status, your next step toward becoming a permanent resident may not be clear. At U.S. Law Center, we have provided legal advice to many people wanting to apply to change their status.

Am I eligible to get a green card through military service?

If your ambition is to move to California and become a permanent resident of the United States, one of your first steps may be identifying what paths are open to you for meeting the legal requirements. According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, some foreign nationals have become qualified to apply for a green card by serving in one of the branches of the U.S. Armed Forces. But, choosing this method requires a strong commitment to this country and a willingness to invest years of time into meeting your goal.

Can I lose my green card?

As a green card holder in California, you are able to enjoy many of the freedoms that are part of living in the United States. However, even though you are a permanent resident, there are rules that you must follow when you leave the country in order to retain your green card while you are away. Forbes magazine explains that there are many things you can do to establish your home in the United States that may prevent the loss of your permanent residency status if your return is delayed.

Email Us For a Response

Contact U.S. Law Center

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Corona Office
4230 Green River RD.
Corona, CA 92880

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office
208 E. Carson St.
Suite 203
Carson, CA 90745

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Carson Law Office Map

| |