U.S. Law Center

Do foreign actors with California job opportunities need a visa?

As you know, California is the place to be if you want to work in the American entertainment industry. This is the case for America-born citizens as well as foreign nationals who want to make it in the acting field. While it is more difficult to accomplish the goal of acting in the U.S. now than it was in bygone days, your dream can still come true.

You will require a nonimmigrant work visa to perform as a paid actor anywhere in the U.S. In fact, all foreign citizens must secure such a visa before they can work for compensation in America, regardless of their chosen industry. For actors or those with extraordinary skills in the arts, type O nonimmigrant work visas will probably meet your needs.

According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website, those who qualify for an O visa must possess "extraordinary ability" in their chosen field. This language might put off actors and actresses who have yet to make a name in the film or television industry. However, it may still be possible to work in such a capacity here in the U.S.

To acquire up-to-date advice about coming to America for acting work, consider speaking with an immigration law attorney. Lawyers who practice in this field can provide you with guidance about how to acquire a type O work visa even if you are still an unknown actor. This approach also makes it possible for you to remain in compliance with immigration laws for the duration of your stay.

Despite what you may hear or read in the news, the state of California remains a place of great opportunity for foreign nationals in the entertainment industry. Residents here will welcome your contribution to the acting arts.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Contact U.S. Law Center

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Corona Office
4230 Green River RD.
Corona, CA 92880

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office
208 E. Carson St.
Suite 203
Carson, CA 90745

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Carson Law Office Map

| |