The Trump administration announced the end of an important program put in place by the Obama administration. DACA, or Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, gave deportation relief and work permits to approximately 800,000 undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children.
This has prompted many smart questions from our clients, such as:
- "Can I still apply for DACA now?"
- "What if I have DACA protection? What do I do now?"
In light of Trump's announcement, here are the important dates you need to know:
- No new applications for DACA protection or work permits will be accepted after Tuesday, September 5, 2017.
- All permits will expire by March 5, 2018.
- Current permit holders can apply for a two year renewal by October 5, 2017.
If you have a current DACA permit, contact us at U.S. Law Center to see if you qualify to apply for renewal.
Remember, all renewal applications MUST be submitted before Thursday, October 5, 2017. Do not wait or hesitate. Contact our offices today. We want to help.