U.S. Law Center

As a non-citizen, what do I need to do if I move?

If you are living in Corona, California and have a green card or visa but are not a citizen of the United States, you must report your change of address. This will ensure that the government has the correct information about where you are living. According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website, you must file the proper paperwork providing notice of your new address within 10 days of your move.

If you have a petition or application that is pending with the USCIS, you will need to amend your application, either by phone or online. You will also need to file Form AR-11. This can be done online at the same time as your application amendment, or through the mail. If you do not have anything pending, only the Form AR-11 must be filed. If you choose to submit it by mail, it is recommended that you use some form of receipted delivery so that you will have proof that it was delivered.

Failing to update your address is considered a misdemeanor crime. If you are found guilty of failing to provide a change in address, punishment may include fines or jail time and your ability to remain in the country may also be in jeopardy.

Certain non-citizens are exempt from reporting a change in address. For example, if you are only in the country for less than 30 days, you are exempt. Diplomats are also not required to report when they change residences. This should not be considered legal advice and is provided as general information on this topic only.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Contact U.S. Law Center

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Corona Office
4230 Green River RD.
Corona, CA 92880

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office
208 E. Carson St.
Suite 203
Carson, CA 90745

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Carson Law Office Map

| |