U.S. Law Center

What are the different types of temporary work visas?

Every year, citizens of foreign countries apply for work visas and enter the United States for employment. If you are planning on working in the U.S., it is important to understand which type of work visa you will need to apply for and review all of the requirements. For example, some workers may secure a permanent visa, while others only need a temporary worker visa. In Corona, California, and across the country, those who are preparing for employment-based immigration should ensure that they approach the application process properly.

On their website, the U.S. Department of State provides an overview of various temporary work visas that people can apply for. Unlike permanent visas, temporary visas only allow workers to stay in the U.S. for a certain amount of time. Furthermore, before a worker is eligible to apply for an employment-related visa, a petition filed by their employer must be approved by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

When it comes to temporary work visas, there are a number of types offered to workers in various occupations. For example, an H-2A may be offered to someone who performs seasonal agricultural work, while an H-2B may be offered to someone who is employed in a non-agricultural, seasonal position. Someone who works in a specialty occupation may be eligible for an H-1B1 or H-1B visa, while a person with extraordinary ability may be granted an O visa. Other types of visas include a P-1 for athletes, P-2 and P-3 for artists and entertainers and Q-1 for those who participate in international cultural exchange programs.

Please remember that this piece was written for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Contact U.S. Law Center

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Corona Office
4230 Green River RD.
Corona, CA 92880

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office
208 E. Carson St.
Suite 203
Carson, CA 90745

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Carson Law Office Map

| |