U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

A closer look at family immigration

From fiance naturalization to helping a child or parent move to the United States, people dealing with family immigration are in a variety of circumstances. However, it is imperative for people who are going through this firsthand to ensure that they approach the immigration process properly. In Corona, California, and across the country, those who are preparing to file a petition for immigration to help their relative move to the country should do everything they can to ensure that their application is successful.

On their website, the U.S. Department of State provides a helpful overview of family immigration for those who would like to know more about the process of helping loved ones immigrate to the United States. According to the Department of State, those who have a relative who is a U.S. citizen and wish to become permanent residents are required to have their relative sponsor them and prove that they have the ability to support the individual who is pursuing permanent residency. This process involves filing form I-130 and turning in an Affidavit of Support.

The U.S. citizenship and Immigration Services published a table which outlines the types of relatives that are eligible to immigrate and the immigration benefits they may petition for. For example, a spouse, parent, child or sibling can apply for a green card, while a fiance can apply for a fiance visa. It is also important for people in this position to review the various details of their situation, such as preference categories and the age of those involved.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions

By Appointment Only