U.S. Law Center

Who may be eligible to help relatives immigrate to the U.S.?

When someone wants to help a loved one immigrate to the U.S., they may experience strong emotions and have a number of questions. For example, some may wonder whether or not they are eligible to help relatives immigrate based on their status. In Corona and throughout the state of California, it is very important for people who are dealing with this firsthand to closely review their situation and determine the best course of action.

According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' website, someone's status will determine which of their relatives or future family members may be entitled to family immigration benefits. If someone wants to assist a relative with immigrating to the United States, they need to be a green card holder, U.S. Citizen, refugee or asylee. Refugees and asylees who want to help their family members immigrate must have been admitted or granted asylum in the previous two years.

If someone is eligible for immigration benefits and wants to help their spouse or relative immigrate, they should thoroughly prepare for filing a petition for immigration. For some people, understanding immigration laws can be difficult and they may have no idea of which steps to take or how to begin the process. As a result, some who are in this position consult a knowledgeable legal professional to help ensure that they understand their options and take the right approach.

Please keep in mind that this information was only put together to provide a better understanding of family immigration and is not to be taken as legal advice.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Contact U.S. Law Center

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Corona Office
4230 Green River RD.
Corona, CA 92880

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office
208 E. Carson St.
Suite 203
Carson, CA 90745

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Carson Law Office Map

| |