U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

H-visas for temporary nonimmigrant workers

There are many different reasons for nonimmigrant workers to come to the U.S., either on business or for the sake of employment. What some may not know is that there are different types of temporary visa categories that are applicable for different jobs. Because of that, it is important for any worker going into the U.S. to know which category they will need to look into.

The U.S. Department of State has made a list of the different categories of temporary work visa that are available to workers coming in to the U.S. For example, H-1B visas are for people with a specialty occupation. The people eligible for this category can include anyone with a higher education degree or people who hold the equivalent of a higher education degree in any specialty occupation. Government research developers or distinguished fashion models also fall under this category. H-1B1 visas are for specialty occupancy workers that have a post-secondary degree and 4 years of study in their field. H-2A visas are for seasonal agricultural work, and H-2B visas are for non-agricultural work that is still seasonal.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services also have a list of employment immigration classifications for the H-visas. This includes H-1C2 visas, which are for nurses who are registered and sent to an area where there is a medical shortage. H-3 visas are stated to be for any trainee who doesn’t work in academics or with medicines. Anyone who is training to educate handicapped children would apply for this visa. As for any spouses or children of workers applying for an H-visa, the H-4 visa is their go-to option. It will allow them to stay in the country for the duration of the employee’s stay.

There are different restrictions, regulations and rules that apply to each type of H-visa, which makes it important for any worker to know exactly what they need. After that is determined, the application process can begin.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions

By Appointment Only