U.S. Law Center

Your time as an overseas employee with L-1 and L-2 work visas

As someone working in a multinational corporation, you will need to get a visa to travel to the U.S. for extended trips. However, there are certain visas necessary for businesses that aren't the same as visas given out to students or to people seeking permanent residency. At U.S. Law Center, it is our job to ensure that you get the temporary work visa that you need to operate in the United States.

First of all, the difference between L-1A and L-1B visas is something to be aware of. If you are a manager or an executive, your company will need to look into the L-1A visa in order to send you overseas. However, if you are an employee who has specialized knowledge, you will need the L-1B visa. Both allow you to take up office in the U.S. with your subsidiary, U.S. office or affiliated company.

Another type of visa that you may need to look into is the L-2 visa. This visa is for children under the age of 21 or spouses. It allows you to bring your family with you when you make the transfer. They can attend college or school, and it may even be possible for them to get work as long as they have proper authorization from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. This will give both you and your family much-needed mobility in U.S. society and economy for the duration of your stay.

If you would like more information on the L-1A and L-1B temporary work visa s or L-2 visas, please follow the link to our web page. You will be able to read more about these and the other types of visas available for different travel purposes.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For a Response

Contact U.S. Law Center

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Corona Office
4230 Green River RD.
Corona, CA 92880

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office
208 E. Carson St.
Suite 203
Carson, CA 90745

Toll Free: 877-239-1115
Fax: 951-339-5994
Carson Law Office Map

| |