U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

Eligibility for the new waiver policy

If you have been living in the U.S. without a green card or permanent residency for over one year, then it is possible that you might be subjected to a 10 year bar if you ever leave the country. This can be bad news if you have to leave in order to get your green card, as you may be tied up in the legal system which could keep you from returning to your loved ones.

However, there is a new waiver policy that the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services recently came up with. There are three requirements for this waiver. You must be an immediate relative of someone who is already a U.S. citizen, you must have been residing in the U.S. without documentation, and you must be able to demonstrate extreme hardship for your U.S. family members. If you fit these requirements, then you are a potential applicant.

By applying for this waiver, you could be allowed to stay within the country while your waiver is being processed instead of being forced to leave the country and return to your own to get your green card. You would only be required to attend one interview as well. This would eliminate your risk of leaving the U.S. entirely, which will also eliminate your risk of being barred from returning.

For further information on the new waiver policy, please visit our web page. It will provide you with more information regarding deportation or return bars, which could happen through deportation or by voluntary travel.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions

By Appointment Only