U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

Requirements for H-1B and H-1B1 nonimmigrant work visas

If you are looking to stay in America for the duration of your job, one visa that you can look into is the H-1B or H-1B1 nonimmigrant work visa. Here at U.S. Law Center, we understand that it is your priority to obtain your visa as quickly as possible and can provide you with more information, which can allow you to make decisions faster.

An H-1B1 nonimmigrant work visa is considered to be the more specific of the two visa types. With the H-1B1 visa, you can temporarily work in a “specialty occupation” within the U.S. This visa requires that you have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, that the position you’re applying for has a U.S. bachelor’s degree requirement or above, and that you can prove that your specialized knowledge can be applied practically in work situations, and that any theoretical application can be documented.

An H-1B visa is a little less specific. This visa is available to you if you would like to come over to the U.S. to work at any job that requires a U.S. bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in your country. No specialized knowledge or experience is necessary, but a bachelor’s degree is mandatory. You will also need an employer who resides in the U.S. that will be able to pay your wages. Finally, you will need to file Form I-129W to complete the visa petition.

Both visa applications are useful if you plan to work in the U.S. for a short time, but long enough that you will need a place to live. If you have any more questions about immigration, please visit our web page for H-1B work visas for further information.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions

By Appointment Only