U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

Applying for visas based on family immigration

At US Law Center, we see many cases in which a registered American citizen knows a relative or a loved one living outside of the border who may wish to come to the States. If you are a U.S. citizen and have a fiancé, spouse, children or siblings who you wish to bring to the U.S., a family immigrant visa may be an option for you to consider.

What is a family immigrant visa? Simply put, it is a visa that you can apply for which will allow you to bring a relative or loved one legally to America. There are two different types of visas that fall under the family immigration visa umbrella. These are IR visas and K visas. IR visas, short for immediate relative visas, are for legalized parents or other U.S. citizen relatives who wish to bring over a non-citizen child or relative. These visas may cover:

  • Spouses
  • Children of spouses
  • Married children
  • Siblings
  • Unmarried children under 21

K visas are considered the most common. If you are in a situation where you wish to bring your spouse or fiancé over, this is the visa that you may wish to look into. With a K visa, your spouse will be allowed to legally enter the country for being married or engaged to you. Different types of K visas allow for different types of citizenship situations.

No matter which option is chosen, you may find what you need to help a relative or spouse stay in the United States with the information on our family immigration visa applications page.


No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information
Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions

By Appointment Only