U.S. Law Center

Se habla español.

We also speak Mandarin, Korean, Hindi,
Farsi, Arabic, Punjabi, Urdu, and Armenian.

Employment Immigration Archives

Fewer temporary work visas mean less summer help for employers

While some people who immigrate to California intend to stay for a long time or even become permanent residents of the United States, others choose to come for a few months to work and then return to their native countries. At US Law Center, we understand that you may rely on these types of workers to help you meet increased demand during the busy summer months.

How can I find out if I am eligible to work in the U.S.?

If you are an immigrant living in Riverside County, you may wish to seek out employment to earn money. However, not all classes of immigrants are eligible to work in the United States. Applying for a job and getting rejected because of your immigration status can be disheartening. However, there is a way that you can check your eligibility beforehand.

Some seeking alternative routes in absence of startup visa

Starting a business is a big dream for many people in Orange County. However, for those who were not born here, finding a type of visa that will allow them to realize their goals is not easy. Typically, employers are the ones to sponsor candidates who wish to come to the U.S. for jobs. But what happens if you are an immigrant and want to start your own company? At US Law Center, we understand that ideas and innovation are what drive many entrepreneurs and that the ability to found a startup is the U.S. is essential to your success.

Changes may be coming to H-1B program

Many workers granted an H-1B visa come to California to work in the tech industry. The Trump administration has made immigration reform a high priority in its early days and one reason cited for the need to change how the system works is preserving jobs for American workers rather than bringing in additional workers from other countries. At US Law Center, we know that your business may rely on skilled workers from other nations and that retaining those employees is important to you.

H-1B holders’ spouses’ ability to work remains uncertain

Workers who come to California to live and work in Riverside County under an H-1B visa often bring their families along with them. Spouses and children of those workers are eligible to receive an H-4 visa. For a long time, the spouses of H-1B workers who held H-4 visas were not allowed to seek employment in the United States. However, in 2015, the Obama administration made it possible for such spouses to obtain authorization for employment as long as they met certain eligibility requirements, according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services website.

Many Chinese investors seeking visas rather than residency

Immigrants come to live in Riverside County for a variety of reasons, including for purposes related to their employment or business. Each year, China is one of the countries with the largest number of investors seeking to come to the United States. In the past, the EB-5 program was popular with Chinese businesspeople, as it allowed recipients to become permanent residents. However, according to Forbes, as many as one-third of potential Chinese investors may now be looking to an L-1 visa instead.

What a merit-based immigration system could potentially look like

Anyone who is seeking to come to the United States to live or work in Corona, California has to meet certain criteria. While some people come to the country because of their employment, many others come to be reunited with family members who are already citizens. In a recent speech, President Donald Trump signaled his desire to move away from a family-based model and adopt a merit-based system for deciding who can come to the U.S. Here is a look at what that type of system may involve.

The future is uncertain for many potential H-1B workers

Certain types of workers from other countries with specialized skills are highly desirable to U.S. employers. Those looking to immigrate to Riverside County to work in one of these skilled positions would need to obtain a H-1B visa. According to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the person applying for the H-1B visa must already have a job offer by a U.S. employer who can then petition on the worker’s behalf.

The EB-5 visa gives foreign investors a path to U.S. citizenship

While visas are available for those who wish to immigrate to Riverside County for employment purposes, a different kind of visa exists for those who have money they are looking to invest in American companies. The EB-5 visa was created in 1990 as a way for foreign investors to help spark economic growth in the United States.

How do I qualify for an EB-1 permanent worker visa?

If you are immigrating to California from another country because of your job, you may be eligible to obtain status as a permanent worker. There are several different categories of permanent workers. The EB-1 category is considered a first-preference visa and is reserved for those workers with “extraordinary abilities.”

Email Us For A Response

Have Questions? Contact Our U.S. Immigration Law Firm

If you would like to discuss your needs with one of our lawyers, please contact us to arrange a free consultation. Evening and weekend appointments are available at our Corona office. Our fees are competitive and we accept credit cards.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

Corona Office | 4230 Green River RD. | Corona, CA 92880 | Phone: 310-746-5746 | Corona Law Office Map

Carson Office | 208 E. Carson St. | Suite 203 | Carson, CA 90745 | Phone: 951-808-5342 | Map & Directions